Thread: Redefining Marriage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

"I would have expected more coming from you."

"no need to take a shot.... "

(Im pointing out that we can disagree over ideas without any need at all to make this so ...um...(whats the word Im looking for?..."personal"?)...after all, we spend so much time here, talking to the very same people about the very same things, over and over, week after week...that it would be silly not to consider all you guys each other's "on-line friends")

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    "I would have expected more coming from you."

"no need to take a shot.... "

(Im pointing out that we can disagree over ideas without any need at all to make this so ...um...(whats the word Im looking for?..."personal"?)...after all, we spend so much time here, talking to the very same people about the very same things, over and over, week after week...that it would be silly not to consider all you guys each other's "on-line friends")
    Let me see if I got this then, Come and sign up, develop a presence wherever that might be, hope God will bring someone like-minded along to develop some friendships, and if along the way you discover they might have some idiosyncrasies with the word, that’s okay, they can perpetrate that error in full daylight, our comp***ion will cover for that.

Is that what your attempting to convince the reader of?

alanmolstad

Christian charity should allow a Christian to be able to disagree without being disagreeable. ..

The golden rule should be able to guide a Christian in how to share views in a manner that shows respect for the person

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Christian charity should allow a Christian to be able to disagree without being disagreeable.
    You mean perpetually disagreeable I take that as. But the reverse scenario also applies within the realm of Christian charity; suffering long under a spirit of rebellion against the word and will of God.

So, which side does the scriptures say we should give greater preeminence to; "mercy over judgement" or "correction" for one taken in a fault. If you need me to point this out to you, I will. But I'm sure you already know the duration of mercy, and the actual act of covering "a mul***ude of sins" is only for a duration for those who generally are ignorant of His will. But if left to remain uncontested and unrepentant of, what does the word of God say in no uncertain terms:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness" (Rm 1:18)

Quite unrealistic for the small slip, but you seem detached from the knowledge of this. Is my kindness still now not to be found, still calloused to be soo quick to correct, or am I now convinced by you that the will of God's charity and correction will be welcomed here only when convenient?

chuckt

Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” (C) NIV

God brought the animals to Adam and they weren’t suitable and God did not bring a man to Adam. God brought a woman to Adam and that was suitable.

Marriage has not been redefined. it has been corrupted
    check the new book thread to find my new books