Thread: Parthenogenesis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Columcille

Default 45/46th parts from David's loins otherwise.

[QUOTE=MacG;1658]
    Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    Since all the lineages are in that society based on a paternal and not a maternal lineage, it seems to me that Mary's lineage is a jump...QUOTE]

Today among mixed marriages if your mother is a Jew then you are a Jew. If your mother is Gentile then you are Gentile. I think this is because you always know who the mama is

There is a bit of controversy about this among the liberal side of Judaism today but if what you say is true then when did it change?

MacG
    Perhaps I did not make that point clear. What I mean by that Mary's lineage is a jump is that on both lineages in Matthew and in Luke, as well as any other long list of geneologies in the O.T. all the names are of the paternal side, i.e. David begat Solomon, and et al.. What is a jump is that Jesus has in his uniqueness no physical father, except Joseph who is more of an adopted father. It is only logical that a virgin birth is going to list the mother in that paternal lineage, but what I keep drawing at is that the Y-Chromosome, if you don't adapt my theory that it is repressed in the mtDNA or anywhere within Mary at the time of her being a zygote, is missing otherwise and so Christ's biological lineage is not completely from David's loins (it is only 45/46th parts from David's loins).

alanmolstad

this ...is perhaps the most worthless topic I have run into here......

talking about a shark, and comparing it to the lord?.....

I mean, really?