Thread: Lifting the Presence to Might pt1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Excellent point dear friend! If possible, would like to add this to be integral to the message, and I would, but parts 1 & 2 are near maxed out for character limits.

To contemplate what has kept us (if I’m reading your un-written bases correctly) may just simply work against His Spirit’s zeal (if I’m reading His intent correctly) to happily make it a second-hand aggravation to our foe, so I won’t try.

There’s no telling what we would perceive if the focus of the Body were spent reappearing here:

If there is lack of attention on my part of it being neglected by others, or myself; the only explanation I could see is an intensification of work He has called someone to, other than that, and again I hate to contemplate, but rather than a dispersion of “gifts”, is a mad dash to the tangent-trough.

Mike.
    Hi Mike,

I think the neglect starts on Sunday in our churches. I have always been one who would like to see more scripture and preaching/teaching on Sunday
    and less music and other "entertainment", although I do appreciate a few good hymns. My opinion on this is usually met with, "we can't do that no one
    would come to church". While I do understand the thinking it is a bad plan. It seems to me many Christians are like people I went to college with, just
    teach me enough to p*** and get my degree. But when they get on the *** they are found unprepared and unreliable yet think they already know enough.
    We can never know enough about the Creator of the universe.

Hello partner,

You’re bringing up some good things worth uncovering.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    “My opinion on this”, , “less music and other "entertainment", , “is usually met with, "we can't do that no one would come to church".
    How far we have come. I too find comfort in a few good hymns. Pretty much always have from the first till now. In my experience, I’ve taken about a half-step around the block, and along the way have stopped into a few differing denominations. Interestingly enough, the denominations who would support the instructions/admonitions in the word the most, even this instruction, invariably subject themselves to a half-hour-to-forty-five minute music segment followed by everyone opening the word for another half-hour-to-forty-five minute sermon and or teaching.

Have we come down this road too far and less traveled by bible authors? I suspect the time allotted to music is due to the older generation’s fondness for music to re-***ert a day gone by to withstand life’s many changes. I don’t feel they find comfort and encouragement in the things that were used just like they were back in bible times. The “comfort” and “encouragement” found in admonitions of conduct, that is the conduct of Christian living. I wonder, does the conditioning the world has to offer counter what God would have?: I Thessalonians 4:18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Then again I am reminded of one p***age that I have always found quite curious:

“Each man must remain in that condition in which he was called.” (I Cor 7:20)
    This curiosity of mine is compounded when I consider the work of the Spirit upon the convert who is told to remain, to an external environment but changed within:

“, ,he saved us”, , “by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit.“ (***us 3:5)
    Yet, it may have to be a brief course run till maturity begins to take hold:

“That we from now on be no more children, tossed to and fro, , “ (Eph 4:14)
    But if all this, yours included, remains the case, we circle right back to that need of knowledge which gained neglect back there somewhere. In summation, we may have encountered witnessing one of those chief of all prophesies upon the later-day Christian; his inability to “endure” doctrine.