Thread: Ken Ham: A major threat to the Christian Faith.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, I don't know about Ken Ham, but according to the evidence in the Greenland GISP2 ice core, the Noahic flood was not worldwide.
    http://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/2003/PSCF12-03Seely.pdf

I know that YECs like to claim that the Grand Canyon was a result of the Noahic flood, but it could easily be explained by major LOCAL floods, as could all major canyons in the US, like Pecos, Black, and Santa Elena canyons.

BTW, these evidences do not in any way hinder my faith in Christ. I think Ham's statement is extremely exaggerated.
    TD

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    Well, I don't know about Ken Ham, but according to the evidence in the Greenland GISP2 ice core, the Noahic flood was not worldwide.
    http://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/2003/PSCF12-03Seely.pdf

I know that YECs like to claim that the Grand Canyon was a result of the Noahic flood, but it could easily be explained by major LOCAL floods, as could all major canyons in the US, like Pecos, Black, and Santa Elena canyons.

BTW, these evidences do not in any way hinder my faith in Christ. I think Ham's statement is extremely exaggerated.
    TD
    I would agree that Ken Ham can be a very affable and genuine sounding person;all con artists do or they wouldn't be able to do what they do on all the gullible in society.
    Not for long that is.
    Ham started out in Australia and they tell me that Aussie and Kiwis are not really that devoted to Christian ideas and lifestyle..
    But for Ham australia was devoid of money making opportunities in the Christian religion m*** media business ,so,after being told that America was the mother lode in gullible ,believe anything Christian devotees ,he packed his bags and like an airborne virus he infected a new generation of easy to trick pseudo christian roobs;the fundamentalists.

The fundies hate science to begin with ,so it wasn't that difficult to pit them against evolutionists and so on. Had it not been for satellite photos ,he would've pushed the flat earth theory on them and would've built a museum to prove it. Afterall who would argue that the earth looks flat when you look at it ,so it really must be.

And so it came to p*** that Ham found himself with some incredible opportunities to create a Genesis based theme park and take advantage of the usual suspects.

The idea actually wasn't even his but was the idea of the PTL club and Jim Bakker who wanted to build a disney style park for families to see the bible in flashy exhibits. Another moneymaker for the T.V. crowd!
    But Ham will disappear once enough folks really understand how he operates.