Quote Originally Posted by DianeVera View Post
It I understand correctly, the idea of the original quote ("The individual human consciousness is a free agent apart from the non-conscious forces of nature.") is that humans are fundamentally different from "the non-conscious forces of nature," i.e. humans can make conscious choices whereas the "forces of nature" cannot. I don't think the intent was to claim that humans are omnipotent, or to claim that our choices are not constrained in any way by the "forces of nature." I think the idea is simply that humans are unique and are the only en***ies in the physical universe that can make conscious choices.

This idea, it seems to me, is very similar to the Christian/Abrahamic idea that humans are uniquely created "in the image of God." Do you agree?
To be sure, I was not suggesting that the quote was suggesting omnipotence but rather I was demonstrating precisely how we are not omnipotent and in some ways constrained by the forces or laws of nature.

I would agree that the forces are without intelligence and therefore cannot choose.

I would also agree that it is very similar. In fact as it reads, there is no conflict with Judeo-Christian thought whatsoever as far as I can tell. It maybe that the Satanists that you mention would ***ume that they would not have anything in common with Judeo-Christian paradigms rather than asking as you are now.

Blessings,

MacG